All-on-4 Dental Implants – Vero Beach, FL
Bring Back Your Whole Smile with Just Four Implants
Whether you’re currently missing an entire row of teeth, you will be soon, or you’re tired of dealing with an unreliable denture, All-on-4 can give you a complete and lifelike smile again. By using the latest dental implant technology, you can receive a full denture that is supported by only four implants – and you can often have your prosthetic placed on the same day as your implants. If you’re ready to regain your smile, contact our team at Ocean Oaks Dental Group of Vero Beach to learn more about All-on-4 in Vero Beach, FL.
Why Choose Ocean Oaks Dental Group of Vero Beach for All-on-4 Implants?
- Fully Customized Surgical Guides
- Partnered with the Best Local Oral Surgeons
- Serving Vero Beach Smiles Since 1962
How Do All-on-4 Dental Implants Work?
The concept of All-on-4 is fairly simple: after capturing 3D images and creating surgical guides, our dentists refer you to an oral surgeon in the area who places just four dental implants in your jawbone, providing ample support for a full denture. These implants are positioned strategically in order to take advantage of the available bone density in your jaw. Following the surgery, you’ll receive a prosthetic that same day, with a permanent one being placed after you’ve healed (which should take a few months).
Am I a Good Candidate for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
If you’re missing all of the teeth in your upper and/or lower jaw, and you have good oral health and a strong jawbone, there’s a high likelihood that you’ll be eligible for All-on-4. Of course, your implant dentist in Vero Beach will have to closely examine your mouth and jaw to be sure that you’re a good candidate. Even if you have untreated gum disease or other oral health concerns, we may still be able to help you qualify for All-on-4 with the right preparatory treatments.
Benefits of All-on-4 Implants
Compared to regular dentures, All-on-4 dental implants in Vero Beach are in a class of their own. They offer countless unique benefits. For example:
- Your new teeth are permanently affixed onto posts that have fused with your jawbone. As a result, you can brush and floss just as you did with your natural teeth. No more worrying about taking out your denture for cleaning!
- You’ll be able to chew all of your favorite foods with the confidence that your teeth will never shift or fall out of your mouth.
- Because of the advanced technology that we use, as well as the fact that the implants become part of your jaw, your replacement teeth will look and feel as natural as your old ones did!
- The implant posts strengthen your jawbone, preventing it from shrinking as it ordinarily does after teeth are lost.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
All-on-4 is similar to a traditional implant denture, but it differs in a few key ways:
- Implant dentures normally require between six and eight implant posts for support, whereas All-on-4 only needs – you guessed it – four. This makes All-on-4 a more cost-effective option.
- Because All-on-4 implants are positioned at particular angles and locations in the jaw, it may be possible to receive them without undergoing a bone graft beforehand, unlike with traditional dental implants.
- All-on-4 lets you receive a temporary set of teeth immediately after your implants are placed, while you may need to go without teeth for several months with a conventional implant denture.
Our team at Ocean Oaks Dental Group is excited to assist you in restoring your missing teeth. Before scheduling your consultation for All-on-4 in Vero Beach, you may want to familiarize yourself with the treatment process. To help you out, we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions about the procedure. If your particular concerns aren't covered, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly!
How Are All-On-4 Dental Implants Different from Dentures?
All-On-Four Dental Implants differ from dentures in several key ways:
- They provide a permanent set of teeth that closely resemble natural teeth in both appearance and feel.
- All-on-Four implants offer increased stability, enabling you to bite with greater force and enjoy a wider range of foods.
- Unlike dentures, they do not exert pressure on your gums, eliminating discomfort.
- With All-on-Four implants, there is no risk of slipping, allowing you to fully taste and savor your food.
- The presence of the implants in the jaw stimulates bone, preventing further deterioration.
- There is no longer a risk of gagging.
- They do not require nightly removal and cleaning.
- You can say goodbye to messy, sticky adhesives!
How Do All-On-4 Dental Implants Compare to Traditional Implants?
Believe it or not, there are several notable differences between the two:
- All-on-Four requires only 4 implants to replace all teeth on an upper arch, whereas traditional implants typically use 5 to 8 implants in one arch.
- The angled placement of the posterior implants in the All-on-Four procedure provides increased support by leveraging the natural support of your bone.
- Traditional implants often necessitate bone grafting, a process that can extend over 6 months. Conversely, the All-on-Four protocol usually does not require bone grafting for most patients, with a success rate that matches or exceeds that of traditional implants.
Ultimately, the All-on-Four procedure can spare you from unnecessary surgery and discomfort, as well as save you time and money in the process!
How Do I Know If I’m a Candidate for All-On-4?
Determining whether or not you're a candidate for All-on-4 is a thorough process guided by advanced 3D imaging techniques. With this technology, we can accurately evaluate crucial factors such as bone quality, volume, and quantity in your jaw. Remarkably, around 95% of patients, whether with or without teeth, are eligible for the All-on-4 procedure. Furthermore, we conduct virtual surgery before your actual procedure, allowing you to preview the results beforehand. This meticulous planning ensures that each step is executed with the highest level of precision.
Does All-On-4 Hurt?
Rest assured – you may feel little to nothing while your dentist is inserting the implants. After the local anesthesia wears off, you may experience some soreness and swelling. However, our team will provide you with detailed post-operative instructions to help minimize any discomfort and ensure a smooth healing process.